During 2016 we have all experienced moments of highs and lows and said goodbye to more talented and inspirational people that I could ever imagine. While it would be easy to be overwhelmed by the loss and negative events of the year I would like to focus on positives.
- The formation of the Tongariki Chapter of the Fraternal Order of Moai in Atlanta Georgia. It was years in the making and the founding five members came together in February to complete the official ceremony.
- As a writer, 2016 has been a year of learning, personal growth, acknowledging mistakes and listening to the much appreciated feedback of others to improve my craft.
- Tales of the Cocktail- I experienced it for the first time this year and learned so much. I also discovered a new found appreciation of Barrel Aged Gins. One of my favorites I have discovered is from the Citadelle line. The memories and time spent with friends, new and old made it that much better.
- Friendships- At times this year I have had to make tough personal decisions and have not been the easiest person to be around as I puzzled out the labyrinth of my situation. My true friends and loved ones have been with me, listened, guided, and sometimes just been present for my questions. I love you one and all, for helping make this year better.
- Rum- my appreciation of the history and diversity of the spirit is well known. My desires to continue to learn as well elevate quality rum remains unchanged. Let’s not celebrate mediocrity, but focus on positive contributions to the category. Taste, Read, Learn, and most importantly enjoy!